Friday 21 August 2020

Currents and voltage

What is a current? a current is when the battery and the light bulb connect and it keeps going around until you turn off the switch. It starts when you turn the switch on.

What is a volt? A volt is how much energy a battery or cell has in it like you might see one of those big green box's in town the have a lot of volts in them.

The table is the predictions and results for the different volts that we worked with. first, we had to make a table on a slide and then at the top write the number of volts and then write our predictions after we made our predictions we split off into groups and gathered our results and put them on the table.

To gather the results when we were in our groups we used a different amount of battery or cells to make a light bulb light up it took a couple of goes to get it going but we did get I to light up in the end.

For the first prediction was because if you have 0 volts it will not have any power and it will not light up. for the second one, I thought it wouldn't be that powerful but it was a little bit. And for the last one, I thought it would be powerful but it wasn't really powerful but it was pretty bright.

Today, when the year sevens went to tech the year 6's did electricity and above, is my information on the table above. the easiest part for me was making my predictions because I just wrote what I thought. And the hardest part for me was getting the results because we couldn't get the light bulb to light up but we did get it in the end.

By Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.