Friday 17 April 2020

Interveiw

Name: Michael mcEnaney  "Macca"

What is your job called?

Civil defense response manager.

Do you like your job?

 yes, I really like it because I am able to help people who need assistance because of this pandemic.

How long have you done civil defense?

I've done this sort of work for 10 years some of them in other countries and in the pacific islands.

Are you an essential worker?

yes

do you wear gloves and a mask?

no the people I work with are counted as my bubble

How many days a week do you work?

6 days and the days start at 6:00 am and finish at 7:00 pm so they are very long.

What's the funniest thing you've done in isolation?

when everybody at work put pretend mustaches on like mine that was really funny.

What area does your civil defense look after?

Haast to Karamea.

Can you shut the road?

yes, we can have the power to do almost anything we can even tell the police what to do in a state of emergency.

Have you seen anyone with COVID 19?

no

How many tests have been done on the west coast today? 

318 tested and 17 in the last 24 hours.

Where is the civil defense?

it's at the recreation centre at the moment.

Is the pool full and can u use it?

yes it is full but no we can't go swimming.



Today for extra for experts I did an interview on my mum's uncle he works for civil defense so I decided I would do it on him. The easiest part for me was ringing him and asking him the questions. And the hardest part for me was thinking of questions to ask him. By Harrison

1 comment:

  1. Ka rawe Harrison! What a great interview and a wonderful person to interview. The people at Civil Defence must be very busy at the moment. What do you think would be the hardest part of the job for your mum's uncle? I think it would be tiring working such long hours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.