Saturday 21 December 2019

Summer learning journey

Today for the Summer learning journey I'm doing activity 2 swimming to safety.

Yusra was a member of the first-ever refugee Olympic team in Rio in 2016 for swimming. A year before this she fled the Syrian war she left Greece in an overcrowded boat. In the middle of the sea, the boat's engine failed so Yusra jumped into the sea and swam for 3 and a half hours in open water to stop the boat capsizing. Because of this, it saved the lives of 20 people. She has received lots of rewards. Next year she is going to be in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and I want to watch one of her swimming races.

I hope you enjoyed. By Harrison 

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Harrison!

    How has your day been so far? I was in a hurry this morning so I didn’t get much breakfast. What did you have for breakfast?

    Nice work on this activity. You have done well to retell Yusra’s story! I really like how you added a lot of details!

    Swimming for three hours is such a long time! I cannot imagine being able to swim for so long. The longest I have probably swam for with no break is twenty minutes. What’s the longest you have ever swam for?

    Keep up this amazing work! I’m having so much fun reading everything your write.

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.